Last updated on Feb 1, 2005
At Royal Homes Minden ("RHM") the protection of your personal information
has always been a top priority. RHM's Policy regarding the collection, use
and disclosure, if any, of personal information can be broken down into the
10 principles covered in Canada's Personal Information Protection and
Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
- RHM is responsible for personal information under its control.
- We have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our
compliance with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
- All RHM employees are responsible for day-to-day compliance.
- When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing
such functions; customer service, contractual or other appropriate means
are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and
all applicable privacy laws.
2. Identifying Purposes
- Unless the purpose is self-evident due to the nature of the
transaction in question, RHM will identify the purposes for which personal
information is collected at or before the time the information is
- The proposed purposes will be described in a reasonably understandable
- An example of a self-evident purpose is requesting the name and
address of the person inquiring RHM to ensure proper delivery.
- We will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with
your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law.
- RHM will not make your consent a requirement to the supply of a
product or a service other than required to be able to supply the product
- Consent can be express or, in some circumstances, implied, and given
in writing, by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally
(in person or by telephone), or by your conduct, such as use of a product
- In determining the type of consent to obtain, RHM will consider all
relevant factors, including the sensitivity of the information and your
- You may withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice,
subject to legal or contractual restrictions. RHM will inform you of the
implications of doing so.
4. Limiting Collection
- The collection of personal information by RHM will be limited to what
is necessary for the purposes which it identifies.
- We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other
than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as
required or permitted by law.
- It will be retained only as long as necessary for these purposes or as
required by law.
- We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and
up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- RHM will protect personal information by security safeguards
appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the
use of the following measures: physical (e.g., locked filing cabinets,
restricted access, appropriate disposal of personal information),
organizational (e.g., security clearances, access only on a "need to know"
basis), technological (e.g., passwords, encryption) and training of
- Information about our policies and practices relating to the
management of personal information will be made readily available to
9. Individual Access
- Upon request, RHM will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure
of personal information relating to you, and give you access to that
information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness
of your information and have it amended as appropriate.
- However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, this information
will not be disclosed to you. Some examples of these circumstances are
information that contains references to other individuals, that cannot be
disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or that
is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
10. Contacting us and/or Challenging Compliance
- For anything to do with this Policy, including questions or comments,
or to challenge our compliance with this Policy, please contact us as
Mike Boisvert, Privacy Officer
Royal Homes Minden.
Box 395 Minden ON, K0M 2K0
RHM will inform individuals who make enquiries or lodge complaints about its
enquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to
be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary,
amending our policies and practices.
Of course, this Policy is subject to PIPEDA and/or any other applicable
privacy laws and RHM's right to change it at any time.